CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION from Department of Health and KCC
Ditton Parish Council
Wednesday, 4 March 2020
- The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has confirmed that as of 9am 3 March a total of 13,911 people have been tested in the UK, of which 13,860 negative and 51 positive. DHSC will be publishing updated data on this page on a daily basis at 2pm until further notice. Please note, there was an error in today’s tweet that named Kent as one of the areas where there is another case – this is not correct – there remains only one case in Kent, which was announced yesterday.
- Today (3 March) the Government launched the official COVID-19 Action Plan and the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, Matt Hancock, made a statement to Parliament.
- Make sure you regularly check the Campaign Resource Centre for the latest available materials.
- DfE has set up a helpline offering guidance for anyone with education related questions.
- Once we become aware of a confirmed case, PHE comms will develop a joint statement with the relevant local authority to issue to media (see Kent example attached). Ideally, this will be issued by the local authority and media interviews will be handled by the Director of Public Health. This statement can be released after the CMO has officially announced the case (on the DHSC Twitter feed), which usually happens daily at 2pm and names the county where the cases are from.
- Follow us on Twitter: @PHE_SouthEast
Mrs Nicola Greenaway
- 01732 844749
Find Ditton Parish Council
Ditton Community Centre, Kilnbarn Road, Ditton, Aylesford, Kent, ME20 6AH